Moving to / From Northfield

City of Northfield utilities

The City of Northfield provides the following services:

  • Water
  • Sewer
  • Storm water drainage
  • Garbage, recycling and yard waste

The water and sewer service is billed from meter readings read by the City Water Department through a radio read meter installed in the home/building.

The storm water drainage service is billed based on your parcel category and acreage.

The garbage service is a contracted service and the current contract is provided by Dick’s Sanitation. For missed pickup’s and general garbage and recycling questions, contact Dick's Sanitation.

Dick’s Sanitation (DSI)

View more information on garbage and recycling services

  1. Start or change service

    Contact the city to set up service and order your carts. Charges for garbage and yard waste collection services appear on monthly utility bills. 

    Fill out a Start or Change Service Request Form

  1. Questions Utility Billing

    Utility Billing

Gas and electricity provider (Xcel Energy)

Xcel Energy provides gas and electric services for the Northfield area. Please contact Xcel Energy to set up these services.


Xcel Energy

Cable TV provider

Charter Spectrum is the current cable provider for the Northfield area. Please contact Charter Spectrum for your cable TV, internet and cable phone services.


Charter Spectrum

Satellite providers

Direct TV
Direct TV (Spanish)

DISH (Latino)

Phone providers

WebsitePhone number
Charter Spectrum1-855-479-6984

Internet and television streaming providers

These are some of the internet provides for the Northfield area. Many internet providers also provide packages for streaming television. We have provided a phone number and a website to get you started.

WebsitePhone number
Charter Spectrum1-855-479-6984
Frontier Communications1-844-428-2983
Northfield WiFi1-612-991-4260
ViaSatNot available

Area motor vehicle facility

Northfield Motor Vehicle Office
Located within City Hall
801 Washington Street
Northfield, MN 55057

Get hours and more information on the Motor Vehicle Office