Block Party Permit

Any resident of the City of Northfield may request permission to block off a city street for an event. The request must include the date, location, person or group that will be responsible for the block party and the hours of the requested block party. If the resident is a renter, the approval of the property owner must be obtained. The resident may be required to obtain approval of all residents in the block affected.

Time restrictions

No permits will be issued in a residential area of a period that exceeds four hours or past 10:00 p.m.

City ordinances

All City ordinances pertaining to noise and the consumption of intoxicating and non-intoxicating beverages will be adhered to.


Pick up location and time

Barricades can be picked up at the City of Northfield Maintenance Facility located at 1710 Riverview Drive from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m.

Deposit and rental fees

A $50 damage deposit is required plus a rental fee of $5 each.

They must be returned to the City of Northfield Maintenance Facility when you are through with them at which time your deposit will be returned.

Submitting a permit

Download and print the Block Party Permit (PDF)

After printing and completing the reservation form, submit to the Streets and Parks Division (507-645-3050), 1710 Riverview Drive, Northfield, MN 55057 or

Email Alisha Hayes

  1. Alisha Hayes

    Alisha Hayes

    Administrative Associate